Exploring Ethics Forums
- May 6, 2015
Why What You Know About Protecting Privacy Might Be Wrong
Video of this program is now available on UCSD-TV.
- February 4, 2015
Preventing HIV by Understanding Patterns of Transmission
Video of this program is available on UCSD-TV.
In 2013-2014, the Ethics Center partnered with many San Diego organizations and institutions to present a series of forums with a common theme. The series focused on cancer, as seen through the lens of Siddhartha Mukherjee's book The Emperor of All Maladies. Participants included Fleet Science Center, Grossmont College, Legler Benbough Foundation, Moores Cancer Center, Point Loma Nazarene University, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, SDSU, Sharp HealthCare, UC San Diego, and USD.
- June 4, 2014 - Ethicists Confront Cancer: When the Professional Becomes Personal
- May 5, 2014 - Immunotherapy: A Promising New Approach to Treating Cancer
- April 2, 2014 - Communicating through the Cancer Journey: Can We Talk?
- February 25, 2014 - The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
- December 4, 2013 - Winning the War Against Cancer in the Genomics Era: Is It About Time?
- October 2, 2013 - Lessons from a One-Eyed Surgeon