The Center for Ethics in Science and Technology is repeating its partnership with many San Diego organizations and institutions to present a series of forums with a common theme. The focus this year is on cancer, as seen through the lens of Siddhartha Mukherjee's book The Emperor of All Maladies.
Participants include Fleet Science Center, Grossmont College, Point Loma Nazarene University, SDSU, Sharp HealthCare, UC San Diego, and USD.
- June 4, 2014 - Ethicists Confront Cancer: When the Professional Becomes Personal
- May 5, 2014 - Immunotherapy: A Promising New Approach to Treating Cancer
- April 2, 2014 - Communicating through the Cancer Journey: Can We Talk?
- February 25, 2014 - The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
[View Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee's program at UCTV.]
- December 4, 2013 - Winning the War Against Cancer in the Genomics Era: Is It About Time?
- October 2, 2013 - Lessons from a One-Eyed Surgeon