- February 4, 2015 - Preventing HIV by Understanding Patterns of Transmission
This past year, the Ethics Center partnered with many San Diego organizations and institutions to present a series of forums with a common theme. Our most recent series focused on cancer, as seen through the lens of Siddhartha Mukherjee's book The Emperor of All Maladies. Participants included Fleet Science Center, Grossmont College, Point Loma Nazarene University, SDSU, Sharp HealthCare, UC San Diego, and USD.
- June 4, 2014 - Ethicists Confront Cancer: When the Professional Becomes Personal
- May 5, 2014 - Immunotherapy: A Promising New Approach to Treating Cancer
- April 2, 2014 - Communicating through the Cancer Journey: Can We Talk?
- February 25, 2014 - The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
- December 4, 2013 - Winning the War Against Cancer in the Genomics Era: Is It About Time?
- October 2, 2013 - Lessons from a One-Eyed Surgeon